What is vestibular Rehabilitation?
Vestibular rehabilitation is a primary treatment for many underlying causes of vertigo and dizziness:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Unilateral and bilateral vestibular hypofunction
- Vestibular Neuritis
- Many other conditions causing dizziness and balance disorders
WHAT WE OFFER
The latest in evidence-based rehabilitation for dizziness and vertigo as recommended by:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
For more information about vestibular conditions visit vestibular.org
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PHYSICAL THERAPY CLINICS
One hour long, 1-on-1 private evaluation and treatment with a Doctor of Physical therapy
A frequent and open line of communication with your physician to provide the most efficient and coordinated care possible
Personalized care from a locally owned and operated physical therapy clinic
Same-day or next-day scheduling available without a referral (depending on insurance).
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR FIRST VISIT:
Your evaluation will begin with your physical therapist measuring vital signs, asking a few questions and, most importantly, listening to you describe the symptoms you are experiencing.
Next, your therapist will perform three assessments:
- Vestibular-Ocular Motor Screening to assess your eye motion and vestibular system
- Positional vestibular testing that allows us to find the best treatment for you
- Balance screening to assess your functional balance and risk of falling
Last, but certainly not least, you and your therapist will establish a treatment plan and home exercises that are tailored to your specific goals.